1. Package 1 – Full class tuition for years 1 – 6
Celtic Roots staff come into class and deliver a fun, vibrant and exciting music program that is directly in line with the new music plan and the new cultural education plan. We aim to motivate, excite and interest the children to learn through music. All children are given the opportunity to play a variety of Celtic instruments using traditional oral/aural methods and during the course of the year will have experienced the whole Celtic package including art, drama and dance.
In accordance with the New National Music Education Plan children will:
- Gain experience in playing tuned and untuned instruments such as bodhran, tin whistle, fiddle, accordion, guitar, ukulele
- Gain experience in traditional singing
- Have the chance to rehearse and perform with others in groups of different sizes.
- Learn to keep a steady pulse and listen with concentration to internalize and recall sounds with increasing aural memory.
- Learn basic notation, which will include the understanding of different rhythms.
- Apply understanding to simple structures with combined musical elements of pitch, rhythm, dynamics, tempo, timbre, texture, silences
- Learn how music has represented our culture through history and how music is used for a particular purpose - for example, dance, slumber, war, love and laughter
- Use self-appraising skills to improve upon their work.